24.10.15

SEPTEMBER

You said
Maybe in time you'll learn how I show that I care

I didn't learn
and this lesson
is what I crave

is what hunts

I didn't say the things you heard
phones can be impaired

you listen

you do

you did

and so soft was your skin
a symbol of what you're hiding in
fleshy chunks that can caress
I want to get to know them
better – but
the door is shut
there won't be more
I understand we all want to own
something stable
a real
estate
Heart
is not at all
at least that's what experience shows
but there's only one September this year
and it's gone
without you
with substitutes

In my naivety, I see future
with the substitute doors closed
so I can reopen yours
but doors have handles on both sides
as well as ax scars

I'm sorry I didn't mention
my terminal condition
subconscious hid it
but after all
everything has an expiry date

Time is relative
would the scientist say

So maybe, after all again
it didn't matter
that there's only one September this year
that we are this old or young once
that maybe we'll never cross paths
again
maybe it's just silly
that I miss you
the unexpected boy
whose fleshy chunks
I barely know
and already kind of love